PROGRAMA DE BECAS "ROBERT S. MCNAMARA" DEL BANCO MUNDIAL
Every year the RSM Program provides grants of up to $25,000 to PhD candidates from developing countries to conduct innovative, development-related, PhD research under the supervision of a research advisor at a host institution abroad.
Fellows must commit to return to their home country when their fellowship ends to complete their PhD and to work.
Preference is given to lecturers and researchers who are employed in academic or research institutions in their home country and are currently
enrolled in PhD programs.
· Not being a dual citizen of a developed country or a country that is not a World Bank member.
· Currently enrolled in a PhD program in a World Bank member country.
· Having completed all coursework and exam requirements for PhD at the time of application.
· Having a master’s degree.
· Being 35 years or younger as of February 11, 2015.
· Meeting one of the following conditions:
· Being enrolled in a PhD program in home country, and not currently employed.
· Being enrolled in a PhD program in home country and employed in home country.
· Enrolled in a PhD program in a World Bank member country outside of home country and employed in home country.
· Not being an Executive Director(ED), ED’s alternate, staff, or consultant of the World Bank Group (the World Bank, International Finance Corporation,
International Development Association, Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency, and International Center for Settlement of Investment Disputes), and not
having any relatives or in-laws who are employed by the World Bank Group in any capacity, including consulting.
· Not having previously been the recipient of the World Bank Robert S. McNamara Fellowship.
· Being accepted as a visiting scholar for a period of six to ten months by a university or research center in a World Bank member country other than home
· Research proposal endorsed by PhD thesis supervisor and host institution research advisor.
· Being able to begin the fellowship between July and December, 2015.
· Being able to complete the proposed fellowship research in 6 to 10 months.
· Committing to working in home country after completion of PhD.
Deadline for submitting online application: February 11, 2015.
HOW TO APPLY:
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
ABOUT THE FELLOWSHIP:
The Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program was established in 1982 to honor the former President of the World Bank, by contributions from the World Bank
and the governments of Bangladesh, China, India, Kuwait, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, and former Yugoslavia.